Sorry that it’s been, um, over three months since I last posted. 😦 I’ve still been finding amazing stuff to cook, bake, ruin, etc. I just haven’t gotten around to posting them. SO I’m going to remedy that RIGHT. NOW.
In the meantime:
Sorry for party rocking. Outside of this blog.
Alright, what have I done. I made something called “Unsloppy Joes” for a Superbowl party earlier this year (yeah, that long ago.) The idea came from a commercial I saw on TV. You’ve probably seen them yourself – they’re like one minute how-to quick recipes for taking ordinary freezer aisle stuff and making a decent meal. I saw one that looked like a sloppy joe empanada, or as Pillsbury calls it, the Unsloppy Joe.
Ingredients are pretty basic. You know how I like “basic”:
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 can of sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 can of Pillbury Grands biscuits
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
I’d like to add here that as I prepared the filling, I had a strong desire to add potatoes to it too. I just had some extra potatoes in the fridge and I tossed them in the mix, and I thought it was a fantastico idea.
Three steps y’all. That’s all.
1. Preheat that oven to 375 degrees and cook the ground beef. Then add the sauce and chili powder.
2. Next, press each biscuit until they’re about 6 inches round. Then scoop in the meat mixture and add some cheese. Fold over the biscuit and press the edges with a fork to seal.
3. Finally, bake those bad boys in the oven until they’re golden brown.
I love the simple things.
This was a great party food. You don’t need utensils to eat them, and yes, this food lives up to its name because it’s not very sloppy at all. Even if you don’t have a party to host but you’re just in a party mood, or a I-don’t-feel-like-making-anything-too-complicated-because-I’m-too-hungry mood, I think this is a good dish to go with.
Presentation: Neat and unsloppy.
Edibility: Very good! Take my advice on the potato add on. 🙂
Tastiness: Pretty tasty. A sloppy joes-lover dream come true.
Rematch?: These also aren’t very time consuming, so I could see myself preparing this for a future dinner party.